Parents Parent Association (Booster Club) Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think this is rather excessive, and would absolutely protest agreeing to this. What kind of volunteer expectations do you have? I am guessing our gyms are very different. I can't even imagine this...

For my daughter's swim team, we had something similar which was a $200 check or volunteering. BUT swim meets are completely run by volunteers from the timers to the starter to the people who places kids in heats, etc. You couldn't have a swim meet without volunteers (this is summer club). It just isn't the same with gymnastics. I don't get it.

I am a working, single mom. I absolutely contribute to my dd's team. But, I certainly would not expect to account for my time / contributions to someone else or be charged $1000 (right, one thousand dollars????). NO WAY would I be signing such an agreement.

YMMV!

Blue

You are right, in most areas that would seem rather excessive, but we are in the Napa Valley so for the ones who can afford it, they would opt out - the others would make sure they put in their 10 hours which is not hard to do at all.

maybe complex is the wrong word...it just sounds like a hassle! We just pay for what we owe...if we go to a meet, we pay the fee. If we need a new team leo, we pay for it. I guess our team is relatively small, maybe 35 kids, but I'm just wondering if all this beaucracy is necessary?

I would love to just pay what we owe but for some reason this year my money tree is all be dead and I have time to give instead to earn that money. Not a hassle or complex more time consuming but well worth the effort of not having it cut into my budget.

Next week we will owe over $1000 all due by Thursday to pay for some of the meets this year and for Oct tuition. I don't know about anyone else but $1000 out of my budget in one big chunk is alot. Definitly would rather work it off.

I paid all of my dd's team fees (not tuition) through fundraising last year. that was about $1300. That's a lot of money that didn't have to come from my pocket. Well worth the few hours my family spent selling candles, pizza, raffle tickets, meals, etc.

As for the booster club itself. Getting it started is the hardest part. setting up documentation and the board. From there, it runs very smoothly. You have to have people willing to step up and head committees though. Otherwise only a few people are burdened with the organization of a lot of fundraisers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back