Parents Parent brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daughter finished school today and did so well in her 4th grade report card, received all 90's, got first honors and was awarded a medal for outstanding achievement. She was so excited that the first thing that came out of her mouth was see I can still do gymnastics and get good grades. Apparently my hubby was teasing her and telling her if she does not get good grades she will have to quit gymnastics. I quess doing gymnastics motivates her to do well in school. The head coach actually requires them to show her their report card but I do not know if she would actually throw someone off the team for doing bad in school. Anyway I am proud of her. Next week she starts gymnastic camp.

Congratulations! Call me crazy, but I think that somehow gymnastics helps our kids do better academically. I don't know if it's that they are so used to the hard work and discipline that gymnastics entails, that it just carries over or what. Sounds like she did great (and will be allowed to continue to do gymnastics). :)

Congrats!!! That is a big accomplishment and well worth being very proud of!!! I totally agree with NeDadof3 in that gymnastics and the time management and discipline that it teaches totally translates over to academics. Gymnasts are really good planners and good at time-management and are very organized.

Congrats to her!! I think it has something to do with the gymnastics, too. Olivia got all A's, too, all 4 marking periods. :D She has to show her coach her report card, too. She gets ice cream for a good one! Oh, and as far as getting kicked off the team, if her coach sees she's slipping in her grades at all she will not let her compete. Not a bad plan, IMHO, however, her dad and I wouldn't let her either! She knows, grades slip, she doesn't go to the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back