Parents Party problems

• Thread starter Thread starter elite123456
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
E

elite123456

im worried that my dd gym friends and her school friends won't get along. has anyone ever had to face this problem before if so how did you handle it?

My daughter has decided to keep her school and party friends separate as it helps make gym a place to escape the school drama. At b-day parties for teammates, the girls often group themselves together and don't intermingle - but not always. She always comes back enjoying the party as long as she knows one other person besides the b-day girl (but she's more introverted). I would not worry too much.

I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt there'll be outright warfare--but the groups might not intermingle much. What are you doing for the birthday party and how old are the kids? Younger ones tend to play with anyone! Never really had a problem with my kids--they mixed just fine.

I've never had an issue with having frineds from different locations not getting along. She has gym friends, School friends, neighborhood friends and scout friends all at the same party and they usually mix well together. Usually her friends are all likeminded so they will find common ground. We will usually rent a "bouncer" like you see at a carnival and that gets everyone at something they all like (even older kids like the bounce houses)

i think you'll be surprised how well they'll get along. athletes/gymnasts are easy to get along with.:)

We did it a year or two ago and it was largely fine. To some extent, they kept their groupings, but they all got along and had fun.

Honestly, when dd was younger I would have 2 parties, one for gym friends and another for school friends. Dd would usually opt for a sleepover party or something to that extent, so having 2 sleepovers was no big deal. As she got older her parties usually just gravitated to just her gym friends. Now we are starting to plan her sweet 16 party. I'm thinking we might finally have both school & gym friends. I thought she wanted this big semi-formal bash, with everyone - like most girls her age want, but she was fine with doing a party at our swim club. I then thought she still wanted to invited "everyone under the sun", but she said to me a couple of weeks ago, can I cut back on my invite list and have crabs (steamed with old bay seasoning) again (that's what we had last yr for her party at our house). Funny how food will beat out just any ole friend. I see the cut back happening on the school friends and still have all of the gym girls there (they're all like family at this point.)

We've done friends from old swim team, from school, and from gym. 10 and 11 year old girls "just wanna have fun"!!! Gave us nothing to worry about.

My DD had a huge 10th birthday party in Feb and invited school, church and gym friends. they all got along famously. The only way you could tell they were even seperate groups at all is the fact that some looked much better in their bathing suits. LOL

My DD had a huge 10th birthday party in Feb and invited school, church and gym friends. they all got along famously. The only way you could tell they were even seperate groups at all is the fact that some looked much better in their bathing suits. LOL
haha verry funny and probly true

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back