WAG Pigeon toed gymnast question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Tonja

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter(10) is a bit pigeon toed, especially on floor. Is there any exercises that can be recommended for her to do at home to help with this? She is level 4 this year and qualifies state at her first competition ever, but she only had to have a 32 AA. But I think her feet problems are holding her back a bit.

If my coach notices this, she normally gets us to practice picking up pens etc. with our toes as part of our conditioning.

Take her to a sports doctor. There is a reason her feet are that way. Might be fallen arches, might be her knees, might be her hips. BUt they can give her exercises to help strengthen and improve it.

The pen one above is pretty common and works by strengthening the muscles in the foot.

My coach was very pigeon toed as a kid & was able to make it to Canadian level four. I was slightly pigeon toed also & she did these with me.

Have your daughter sit in a pike sit on the ground, flexed feet. Have her point her toes while you push back on her feet (bottom of foot). Once the toes are pointed, push on the top of her feet while she tries to flex them. Repeat :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back