Gymnasts Platinum Bar Routine Options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymnast17

Gymnast
Reaction score
Hi,
would these routines fulfill the xcel platinum requirements?

Routine 1: pullover, cast above horizontal, back hip circle, squat on, long hang kip, and sole circle dismount with a half twist.

Routine 2: pullover, cast above horizontal, clear hip, back hip circle, squat on, flyaway

I’m having trouble dropping into the kip after the clear hip and I end up bringing my hips back to the bar. Would the clear hip into a back hip circle connection count. I’m afraid the clear hip won’t be counted.
Any advice appreciated!

Both routines are missing a SR (losing 0.5 in SV), but routine 1 is also missing a "B" element (which is 0.3 in deduction)

For routine 1, you would a clear hip, or other "B" circling element in the routine
For routine 2, you would need a kip as your mount

I also have the same problem with a kip out of a clear hip and I want to do a back hip circle out of my clear hip, but I am also unsure if it would get credit. Talk to your coach about it and see what they say.

Routine 1 meets all the requirements but you are missing an A. You could make the BHC a double BHC and I believe you would be fine. If someone who knows more than me would like to correct, feel free!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back