Anon Platinum bars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (4791)

If a platinum gymnast does a back hip circle on the high bar does the cast have to be above horizontal? What is the deduction if it isn’t?

Also, what is the deduction for slight pauses in the routine?

Thanks!

Pauses in platinum are 0.3 each. The cast can be below horizontal but it will not count as a skill if it's not horizontal so be mindful of that when counting As. It will be subject to any form deductions regardless of how high it is.

If a platinum gymnast does a back hip circle on the high bar does the cast have to be above horizontal? What is the deduction if it isn’t?

Also, what is the deduction for slight pauses in the routine?

Thanks!
I thought clear hips are needed for platinum

I thought clear hips are needed for platinum
I think you can do a back hip circle, but you would still need a "B" skill, like a flyaway half or cast handstand.

Original poster here. She has a clear hip on the low bar and a kip to back hip circle on the high bar. I noticed that she has the cast requirement on the low bar but not the high bar.

Original poster here. She has a clear hip on the low bar and a kip to back hip circle on the high bar. I noticed that she has the cast requirement on the low bar but not the high bar.
Luckily, in Xcel, they only have to meet the requirement once. There is no deduction for a low cast except that it won't count as a skill.

We have one of our girls doing this, so long as her low bar cast is high enough, she’s good to go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back