Please Move All "Groups" to the "Social Groups (New)" Area

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Once you invite a member to your group...they need to click the "accept invite" button on the group page...

accept-invite.png

I created a group and the question has been raised as to the privacy. How do I change the setting to be private? I have looked around and tried finding some setting to change but I'm not having any luck... And with the group being private, it would just mean people would have to ask to be admitted, right? Tia!

Go to...

Social Group Tools >> Edit Social Forum

groups7.png

If "Open" is NOT checked...then members cannot join...you must invite them.

If "Moderate" is checked then you must approve them.

If you want them to be able to join...but then still have the ability to approve them...then check them both.
groups8.png

Last week, I had sent invites to all the "You Made It to L10" members. If you need to receive another email to join again, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Thank you JBS! That what I have done. So with these settings, the members are the only ones who can see the forum, for everyone lose it shows up as private? Thanks again!

Thank you JBS! That what I have done. So with these settings, the members are the only ones who can see the forum, for everyone lose it shows up as private? Thanks again!

Correct...and remember...no one can join your group...you must invite them unless you check the "open" box.

I was member of the xcel group. It seems to be gone. Do i need to wait until its recreated? I am not familiar how the social groups work. Xcel was the first i joined.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back