WAG pls help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

serena.li

Gymnast
i have a couple skills that i've been really struggling on so if you could give me some advice i would love that

giants
i had my giant a year ago until i broke my wrist and left gymnastics for a while. now i'm trying to get it back and i can do it with a spot, but when i do it alone, i just cant get enough power to make it over straight body. anything will help

series on beam
i'm trying to get a bwo bhs on beam but i cant get myself to throw the bhs even on a low beam. i can do it on high beam with a red pad. tips?

help plssss

It’s hard to tell you what the issue is with you giant without a video. However it probably has something to do with you arch kick and/or the timing of it. Have you tried videoing yourself doing them and watching it back slowly? You can also pull a video of someone else doing a giant and watch them in slo mo and it might help you to pin point where exactly your problem lies. As for the bwo bhs I think it’s getting comfortable with them. As much as it’s annoying it’s probably just a fear that you will have to push through. Try repetitions on the floor and then moving them to a beam.

Like the above commenter, I agree it's hard to help with giants without a video.

As for a back handspring on beam, work them on a floor line, work them up onto a higher surface, laser beam, put panels on either side of your gyms lowest beam so they're the same height and then lower the panel mat [unfold it] as you get more comfortable.

But more than all of this talk with your coaches and see if they have insight to help you as well, because they should be able to see what corrections you need to make as well [especially for the giants]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back