Parents Pullover :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

I know for some it might be nothing serious but for my 4 year old its a big progress :) for a while she could do pullover when the bar was at her chest level but not higher. This morning at her practice she did consistently lots of them where the bar was up to her neck. I am so proud of her she is so happy :) next challenge will be bar above her head. :) one little step at a time :)

That is great! Every new skill and improvement is a big deal to them... and us!

I appreciate this as a place where we can shamelessly brag about our gym kids. It's not like we can walk around in real life telling everyone how exciting the new skills are and how awesome our kids are doing in gym.

Lol maybe not a clean one nor tecnichally correct at all but it's a start :) she doesn't start from both feet on the floor - but rather she stars by holding the bar and runs into a pullover. I know she needs to be able to do one standing under the bar but I think it will come :) she is still in rec class :)

Awesome! Just the fact that she can do them at all at that age is a huge accomplishment! Have you ever tried a pullover? They are a lot harder then they look, lol. And yes, I've tried them. The coach had to push my legs back over the bar too! (This was only done when the gym was empty...I'm not brave enough to try in a room full of kiddo's)

Awesome! Just the fact that she can do them at all at that age is a huge accomplishment! Have you ever tried a pullover? They are a lot harder then they look, lol. And yes, I've tried them. The coach had to push my legs back over the bar too! (This was only done when the gym was empty...I'm not brave enough to try in a room full of kiddo's)

Lol I did try - couldn't even get myself jump to the chin up position lol

LOL! They can make it look so easy...it's not! I used to do somersaults on the trampoline as a kid too. Tried those the other day, and I was so sore the next morning. I have to say, my DD got a huge kick out of watching though. So glad I could amuse her. ;-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back