Parents questions :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Gym Monkey's Mom,

Thank you so much! :) That is exactly what we are doing! :) The meds work well. :) She is focused. That is what matters. :)

Megan

Em's Mom and GM's mom, I'm glad to hear that you guys had thought it through and had exhausted all other attempts before you decided to administer med for your kids' condition. However, sadly I don't think that is the case for many parents. In fact, I see many parents use the condition as an excuse to pay less attention to their kids and to excuse their kids' mischiefs, misbehavior and presumed failures. It's really ashame because facts have shown people with ADD/ADHD have lots of potentials and talents, and they are some of the most intelligent when given a chance to fit into the society.

Yes, it was a very hard decison. :) Hubby obviously has it as well. He did fine without meds but never made the grades he is capable of as a child or college student. Weird how it runs in families. :)

I have to add to the adhd post. We too struggled with giving ab medicine. I am a speech therapist working with preschoolers, so I have seen all types of kids and parents. It is hard to constantly defend our choice to others, but I can tell you that Ab actually has the ability to learn while on medicine. Without it, she just forgets what she is doing. We can tell her to go brush her teeth and 20 twirls, 2 shoe changes, a stop in her sister's room, and she never remembers the teeth. She did not take her medicine a couple of days last week and her teacher actually called me to talk about her behavior. She said ab is not being disrespectful, she is just not doing anything. It's a hard decision to know that I am giving her something that some people sell on the streets, but it's a decision that works for us.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back