Off Topic Random fashion/hair care related question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Ok, so lately a few of my girls have taken to bleaching their hair -- to the point where it turns gray/white. I have two teenage girls at my gym with visible gray streaks in their hair.

Is this the latest look among girls that age, or are my girls just weird?

Weird!!! That must feel like bubble gum when they wash it (believe me that's a nasty feeling!!)

Peroxide blonde hair is popular, but I don't think it is the height of fashion at all.

There are a couple people in my school who have bleached hair, but I feel like having highlights a few shades lighter than the actual hair color is a LOT more common, and it looks way better... I actually have a light brown highlight on the side of my hair... :D

On the other hand, there are girls at my gym who dyed their hair crazy neon colors underneath the back part. It's done so that you can only see it when the hair is in a pony tail, but I think it looks ridiculous. And these are sixth graders!:eek:

Lots of girls bleach their hair in my school. However, not to the point that there's gray! Just the "beach blond" look, or neon colors like gymnastbeth said. We have many girls walking around with blue, purple, pink hair etc!

it's kind of a trend.. but i think it's just plain wierd :D one girl at my school bleaches her hair with peroxide every night!! :eek:

On the other hand, there are girls at my gym who dyed their hair crazy neon colors underneath the back part. It's done so that you can only see it when the hair is in a pony tail, but I think it looks ridiculous. And these are sixth graders!:eek:

Oh dear! I surely hope that my 6th grader DOES NOT catch on to this trend! Crazy!!!!

Yeah it's definitely a trend. I'm a natural blonde, I get highlights sometimes just to brighten it up. Junior year I thought it'd be cool to dye the bottom brown. My senior pics looked like this

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...1095354115737_1583107420_227684_5653535_n.jpg

My mom was NOT happy :p
Love your picture Bri!!!:D The brown ends don't show too much;). It seems pretty tame compared to some of the hair trends I've seen over the years(I was a teen in the '80's, so I've seen WILD hair,LOL!:p). At least hair color can be changed back to normal. It's the trends of tattoos & huge ear holes that I hate to see:eek:.

I had a gymnast friend who dyed her ENTIRE HEAD OF HAIR hot pink. And I mean HOT pink. The slightly old-fashioned HC made her take it out for comp. season :p By the way BriBri, your picture is beautiful. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back