Regionals !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD and her teammates are competing this weekend @ Region 8 Prep Op Regionals. We are excited & a bit nervous. DD competes Sunday at about 12:30.

Would love some straight & tight fairies !!!!

Good luck! Sending nice and tight fairies your way!! Please send them back for May 1/2! :)

Hope it goes great for her. I will shoo all of the straight and tight fairies her way...after we are finished with them for little DD's little "meet":D on Saturday! They should be well rested for Sunday.

Hope she (and you) can settle the nerves and have FUN too!:)

We're done with our competition fairies for a couple months, so off they go to your dd! Have a fun time! :)

Meet report !!!!

well, Regionals are over !!

DD did well, not her best scores and being her teammates getting 9.6-9.8's I was worried but in the end she did well:

Vault - 9.325 6th place
Bars - 9.375 4th place
Beam - 9.325 1st place !!!! (Tied for first ) Regional Champ
Floor - 9.125 8 th place, no medal

AA - 37.150 4th place

They got 1st place team for Bronze Level with a 116.200 !!!

She did well?! She did fabulous! :) :) :) Wow!

Here is my current dilemma. DD is discouraged and frustrated. She ( her words) is the "worst " on the team. Feels she let them down because none of her scores counted toward the team score.

I am not sure how to handle this. I guess technically she is correct in that most of the time her scores do not go to team score as she has multiple teammates scoring 9.6 & up on events. One of her teammates scored a 39.225 AA @ Regionals. 3 more were over a 38. Looking @ these she doesn't see her 37.150 as good.

Any advice ? Most of her teammates go an additional day, she does not want to.

She did SO well!!!!!!!!!!!

I can identify with your dilemma. This year in L4, my DD had several teammates in her age group that were consistently scoring very high and taking 1stAA and in all the events! Even though my DD was scoring 36s she did not even get close to the podium a lot of the time...behind her own teammates. She started to get very frustrated at the end of the season. Now they have moved on to L5 and things are a little better.

I had a talk with my DD about her scores and her skills being the only things she could control...and that her teammates were going to do what they were going to do. I tried to make her feel in control of her own skills and actions and not focus so much on her teammates. I am not sure if it worked or not, she is a competitive kid as it seems your DD is too.

But man 37AA is so awesome and she should be so proud! I hope others will have some wise advice for you. Congrats to her on that 1st place beam finish!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back