Off Topic Rock climbing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

CreateMagic

Coach
Proud Parent
Reaction score
Does anyone here go rock climbing, either indoor or outdoor? I started in September indoors, and just went for my first real outdoor climb Wednesday. Love it! The strength and flexibility necessary to do climb well correlates well with gymnastics and I'm finding that my years involved with both gym and cheer have come in handy. Currently working on 5.11's at the gym :)

Anyone else?

I do I do! I go toprope climbing once a week, and bouldering a few times weekly if I get the chance.

I just started in April, & my climbing partner and I are both working 5.9s. It's a great physical challenge, & it's interesting to see how others accomodate their own strengths and weaknesses on the same routes. And I kind of love the "did you see what that girl up there just did? I didn't know people could do that!" reaction.

I love rock climbing! My mom has been bringing me and my little sister out while her and my dad climbed since we were babies and taught us when we were old enough. It's something even my dancer sister and me (the more girly one) can enjoy. I usually get by with upper body and core strength and my sister has a lot of balance. I do 5.11s in the gym and outdoors. My mom ice climbs and does lead roping (where she sets her own route without a belayer) and really technical stuff. I'm not that into it! But it is lots of fun and I think gymnasts have a potential to be really good at it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back