Gymnasts Round off on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hi -

So my problem is that I am really really scared of round offs on the beam and don’t really know why. I did it once on low beam but for the past two months I have only been doing it on the low beam with panel mats… some times not even getting to that. I’m not actually scared I just physically won’t put my feet on them beam! It’s really frustrating and I need it for next season and I’m not even close to getting it. This was mostly just to rant but also, Any tips for mental blocks on beam? Round offs in general? Thanks!

I had the same issue as you with getting my round off. I was able to overcome my mental block by doing a baby round off. I’m not sure if this is a good explanation, but I slowly went into the round and prioritized getting my feet on the beam together. I didn’t block at all and had terrible form. After I got comfortable doing this, I slowly started blocking more.

I had the same issue as you with getting my round off. I was able to overcome my mental block by doing a baby round off. I’m not sure if this is a good explanation, but I slowly went into the round and prioritized getting my feet on the beam together. I didn’t block at all and had terrible form. After I got comfortable doing this, I slowly started blocking more.
great thanks! I’ll try this

Make sure you can see the beam, where your feet need to land, when you are upside down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back