Parents sacramento ca

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

poppy1

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Moving to Sacramento area, looking for gyms that can train elite in that area, recommendations would be appreciated.

Moving to Sacramento area, looking for gyms that can train elite in that area, recommendations would be appreciated.

There may not be any. I know Elevate gymnastics in Elk Grove has up tinkered 10.

Head Over Heels in Emeryville has had elites at times but that's pretty far from Sacramento.

Not sure if any gyms currently training the elite route in Sac, but Elevate in Elk Grove, Technique in Rancho Corvdova, Byers Roseville and Dream Xtreme in Vacaville all have up to level 10.(Dream Xtreme had a gymnast training towards elite that dropped back to 10, not sure if they are continuing to train elite or not). Would likely have to go to San Francisco bay area to find gym training towards elite - San Mateo Gymnastics, West Valley (San Jose) and Head Over Heels (Emeryville) all had girls competing Hopes or Jr elite this past season.

Reactions: sce
Have you asked your current gym? If your daughter is on elite track then it is likely her coaches know someone out there. From what I can tell, it becomes a pretty small community when you reach that level.

Reactions: sce
Not sure if any gyms currently training the elite route in Sac, but Elevate in Elk Grove, Technique in Rancho Corvdova, Byers Roseville and Dream Xtreme in Vacaville all have up to level 10.(Dream Xtreme had a gymnast training towards elite that dropped back to 10, not sure if they are continuing to train elite or not). Would likely have to go to San Francisco bay area to find gym training towards elite - San Mateo Gymnastics, West Valley (San Jose) and Head Over Heels (Emeryville) all had girls competing Hopes or Jr elite this past season.
Depending on traffic, travel to the Bay Area could be three or more hours, it's pretty far...but then again, for elite, the commute could be doable for some families

If you're actually in Sacramento proper, traveling to the Bay for higher level gymnastics training with the amount of hours and days required is pretty much impossible unless you have nothing else going on in life, no other kids, and no job.

Byers looks to have a good level 10 program, they have a jr b level 10 that did well at nationals.

Dream xtreme in Vacaville, like someone said, had a hopes gymnast and state on their site that they offer elite. Looks like that is about a 40 min. Drive from Sacramento heading west.

I have no personal experience in the area so take what I say as you may :)

I would agree though that if your dd is already elite tracked that coordinating with her coach on a gym that will work well for her would be best.

Unfortunately, as noted above, your only hope for the elite tract is the Bay Area:
1. San Mateo
2. West valley
3. Head over heels.

Sac does have some quality programs cranking out many college gymnasts.

Technique's two seniors this year will be going to Stanford and UC Davis, class of 2016. Will have 5 level 10 and probably 15 level 9s this year. Another 20 or so level 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back