WAG Salcianu Elite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Does anyone have a connection with this gym? DD's gym owners gave us this as a recommendation of where she should train while we are in Vegas for Christmas, I have emailed, called, left voicemails, etc. and I have yet to hear back. Just wondering if there is some better way to get in contact with them (Tammy Salcianu specifically).

Thanks in advance!

Salcianu Elite is an amazing gym. It is also a very busy gym. I am not surprised you aren't hearing back this time of year. Are there any other gyms you could try?

What are you wanting? A few days of workout with the team? One on one time? I'm guessing that for the big gyms they might be less interested in this since they are really busy with elites, and optionals....This was the first year our gym put a freeze on transfers for compulsory until states is over!
Unless your coach has a contact at Salcianu, I think it would be amazing if they said yes! Perhaps another gym?

You said in another thread that your coach has that relationship. Ask him/her to reach out since they recommended the gym.

You said in another thread that your coach has that relationship. Ask him/her to reach out since they recommended the gym.
Yeah I think I'm just going to have to tell the HC to help me reach out to them, otherwise I'll just ask if I can look at another gym. Salcianu has a big camp going on for higher levels the week we are there so it might not even be plausible

What are you wanting? A few days of workout with the team? One on one time? I'm guessing that for the big gyms they might be less interested in this since they are really busy with elites, and optionals....This was the first year our gym put a freeze on transfers for compulsory until states is over!
Unless your coach has a contact at Salcianu, I think it would be amazing if they said yes! Perhaps another gym?
Just regular training since we won't be home. Our HC used to live in Vegas and they are friends with Tammy Salcianu which is why they recommended it, they basically said "tell her we sent you and all should be good!"
So I didn't think twice to ask about another gym but I may have to, Salcianu has lots going on that week.

Does anyone have a connection with this gym? DD's gym owners gave us this as a recommendation of where she should train while we are in Vegas for Christmas, I have emailed, called, left voicemails, etc. and I have yet to hear back. Just wondering if there is some better way to get in contact with them (Tammy Salcianu specifically).

Thanks in advance!

Just to offer another side. I would not want a traveling gymnast to take coaching time/eyes away from our optional team this time of the year. Our first meet is in 4 weeks from now (2 weeks from Christmas) and the timing would not be great for us. The owners and coaches get to make the decision but it would have to be a pretty special circumstance for our gym to allow a visitor. During the summer our gym has and allows traveling gymnasts from gyms with coaching relationships. But our optional team coaches would not allow a gymnast to miss multiple days right before meet season begins and therefore most likely wouldn't allow a traveling gymnast to be part of practice. I realize this sounds harsh and not welcoming and that is not how it is intended.

Just to offer another side. I would not want a traveling gymnast to take coaching time/eyes away from our optional team this time of the year. Our first meet is in 4 weeks from now (2 weeks from Christmas) and the timing would not be great for us. The owners and coaches get to make the decision but it would have to be a pretty special circumstance for our gym to allow a visitor. During the summer our gym has and allows traveling gymnasts from gyms with coaching relationships. But our optional team coaches would not allow a gymnast to miss multiple days right before meet season begins and therefore most likely wouldn't allow a traveling gymnast to be part of practice. I realize this sounds harsh and not welcoming and that is not how it is intended.

Her dd is level 3 so I'm sure she can just have a week off instead..........

Her dd is level 3 so I'm sure she can just have a week off instead..........

Right! Thanks for the clarification. I incorrectly assumed she was an optional gymnast since she was trying to practice over Christmas vacation. And since another poster mentioned the coaches were at National team camp.

OP, Ignore my post, enjoy Christmas and don't practice on vacation. It's not worth your time or the other gyms time.

There is a make it right camp Dec 16-18 that you could look into if you will be in Vegas that week.

There is a make it right camp Dec 16-18 that you could look into if you will be in Vegas that week.
Coaches have to go with their athletes to this camp....I only know because there some girls who wanted to go, and couldn't because their coach could not attend.

Right! Thanks for the clarification. I incorrectly assumed she was an optional gymnast since she was trying to practice over Christmas vacation. And since another poster mentioned the coaches were at National team camp.

OP, Ignore my post, enjoy Christmas and don't practice on vacation. It's not worth your time or the other gyms time.

I know, and I was toying with the idea of it in the first place anyway, but DD's coach specifically suggested that she does train while we are away (first meet is a week after we get back) and our gym owners know the owner of this gym personally, so that's why I think they suggested it and made me think it wouldn't be an issue. DD also got really excited about doing gymnastics somewhere else and making new friends (had she shown disinterest in it I wouldn't have even looked into it)

I am going to try and talk to HC today...but if NT coaches are at national camp right now that means ours is too so who knows.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back