Parents Searching for gym in specific area?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

SurpriseGymMom

Coach
Proud Parent
Reaction score
DH is considering a new job that would mean moving across the country. Would it be appropriate to ask for gym suggestions in that general area?

can't see a problem with that, its not like you can commute

Yes, I think that would be fine. They should be glad to help since it is a move.

Oh, I meant HERE. Of course my current gym would also be happy to help, I am on great terms with them. I don't want to alarm them at all yet though as this is just something under consideration at this point. Nothing is even offered as of yet although DH has a pretty good idea that a substantial offer is coming soon... the move (IF it were to happen) wouldn't be until after the upcoming season either way. I would just like to get a general idea of what gyms and/or philosophies I should be looking for and where as dance and gym might dictate where we look for houses!!

LOL, I think it would be fine. You might get a lot of PM's so people aren't giving out too many clues about where they train.

Absolutely fine. Probably one of the better ways, in fact, to get a handle on what the options are. Some of the coaches on here are incredibly well networked, and parents who've been around for a while in an area probably know a good bit about gyms' reputations there.

I would absolutely ask about gyms in whatever area you're looking :)
I know that I would...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back