Second comp down, quite a few to go :P

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well had the second comp of the season and first comp ever at our home gym which made it super exciting, but I don't like competing at my own gym it removes the competition feel and my routines just weren't my best. Going into the comp i thought none of my scores mattered because i thought that the team was a team of 5 gymnasts and then i was the 6th competing as an individual at a comp where there was no individual awards. Went in no worries fine! Found out at presentation that they split us into two teams as the competition only had us in level 6.

bars: team did pretty well, i don't do bars so can't comment on that here
Beam: Look it was just a competition on who could fall off the beam the least to be completely honest and I had my first fall in competition ever. But out team came first on beam :)
Floor: Well, we were competing on a floor in our gym that we never train on ever, which i guess made it more fair in the end. It was interesting watching the other teams compete on our floor, as our floor is very hard so there was a lot of landing low/some falls.
Vault, was pretty good, best competition vaults i have ever done! We also came first on vault :)
Didn't get told scores but was pretty happy overall :D

Unfortunately one of the girls i train with rolled her ankle pretty bad during floor and couldn't vault :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back