Series on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

BreezyGymnast

I was wondering what people's opinions were on beam series..? I've been working bwo bhs on beam for a while,but I only have it on low beam. They are pretty good, and I always land on the beam unless I'm off.. But I don't think I'm close to getting it on high beam, and I want it by the end of summer. I barely have any confidence in myself while I'm doing them on low beam... and most days I use mats so it's not even on a low beam. But the point is, I didn't know if I should try to do bwo bhs this year, or stick with bwo bwo for the time being?? I really want to challenge myself with something harder this season, but it would probably hurt my score because of form issues and being more likely to fall. I just don't think I'll have enough time to perfect it (if I even get it) before the comp. season.. So please tell me if you think it's worth it for me to take the risk?

i competed bhs bhs layout dismount off beam this year, i found it alot less scary and alot easier than doing it on beam. that way you dont have to worry about a dismount, and if your off on it, then you would have fallen anyways, and you have nothing to lose!

Keep warming up with BWO BWO, and then work the BWO BHS. Even if you don't have it competition ready at the end of the summer, then you will have made progress on it and have a backup series ready that uses the same first skill. BWO BHS with a punching connection is an important lead up into more advanced series.

One girl on my team was working on this and 2 weeks before a competition, at a camp a coach changed her series. She switched it to BHS BWO, because BHS is the harder skill you can take a couple of seconds to prepare for it, and BWO should be easy for you, so you could conect it. This way you will still be able to compete both skills, but you might find it a bit easier. It might be worth talking to your coach about switching them, and trying it, you can always go back.

I have a BHS BWO, and I'm training a BWO BHS. I am in about the same place as you...still on low beam. But I don't think you should rush skills on beam, you will be more confident if you take your time and move up a beam when you are ready. I think you should continue to train a BWO BHS (it's always nice to have a backup series) and just make sure you still have your bwo bwo. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back