Parents She Got In!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Malenkaya

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My DD recently turned 5 so she will be in kindergarten in the fall. The local charter schools hold lotteries because there are always way more kids wanting to go there (or probably parents who want to send them) than they have places for. My first choice school is a place that specializes in a half day program (k-12) and most of the students are kids that are involved seriously in some outside activity. They have gymnasts (it's where a lot of the team girls from our gym go), figure skaters, actors, etc. DD didn't make the initial draw, but was close to the top of the waiting list. Well, we got the call and she got in! I'm so happy because not only was it my first choice school, but the thought of her going to school for 7 or 8 hours a day and then trying to have the energy left over for gymnastics, dance, etc, made me tired just thinking about it!

On a purely gymnastics related note, DD's coach talked to me about a week ago and said when they were done with evaluations they would be moving her up. She is still loving it as much as ever. I have a friend whose daughter just got moved up to the dynamites, and she's been there a year longer than DD. I was starting to think she was going to get left behind but the coaches love her and says she's exactly where she needs to be.

Congrats! It's awesome knowing that you've got 'the best' for your kiddo.

On another note....Wow, there are THAT many kids in your area that have 'serious' outside activities at 4-6yo!??! Or am I misreading, and the WHOLE school is on 1/2 day?

I don't know of that many little kids have outside activities. The school was started by parents of kids who do. It's the main reason lots of older kids go. I'm thinking the younger grades might be a lot of siblings of older kids with busy schedules.

And yes, the whole school is half day. K-12, you choose either morning or afternoon session.

Congrats! It's great that you have schooling options. My older DD is in the charter middle school and loves it!

BTW, looking at your screen name, seems like we might be of the same origins. ;)

Congrats! It's great that you have schooling options. My older DD is in the charter middle school and loves it!

BTW, looking at your screen name, seems like we might be of the same origins. ;)

Hi Irene! I'm betting we do. My name is Anastasia, and I've been using this moniker for years. :-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back