Parents She nailed it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I am a frequent lurker, but had to, just had to post this! DD hasn't managed a clean bar routine all year. She's level 4 and hasn't had an easy go of bars this year. Even though she's gotten all the elements at one point or another she hasn't pulled them all together into one routine. It's frustrated her to no end.

She did it today! All of it! At once! I was volunteering at the meet and didn't see most of her bars, but I saw her salute at the end and then she just started jumping up and down with excitement! And she scored an 8.8 - a massive leap from the 7.2-7.5's she's been getting all season.

Thanks for reading. I knew you would all understand. :)

Last edited:
Congrats to your dd.:thumbsup:

Maybe she could lone the "pulling your bars routine together fairies" to my L9 dd who need to hit her routine at states soon.

Awww. Very good, gotta love it when it clicks and you see the score reflect it!!!! My L4 DD struggles with bars too, but she just plain does not have mill circle and FHC. Glad your DD brought them ALL to her routine at this meet!

Wow AWESOME. Having never done bars (although I did try, TRY to do a pullover once - LOL!!!!) I do believe connecting routines is a bit harder than it looks; LOL!

Great job and congrats to your DD.

Congrats. That is huge to put them all together! I didn't realize, till my DD started, how hard it was and how long it takes between getting an individual skill and putting it all together. What awesome progress!

Congratulations to your daughter!! I agree that it is very hard to get every element correct every time, so it's a great feeling when they are able to do it.

That's great! My daughter was hit or miss for the first 4 meets on the bars (she'd either miss the FHC or mill circle). It finally clicked and for the remainder of the season, she missed the mill circle only once. I think I held my breath every competition when watching bars. Congrats to your daughter for putting it all together. :)

Thanks everyone for your replies! No one around here 'speaks gym' so it is just too hard to explain the excitement!

DD started the season reasonably well, then the next several meets were big disappointments for her - falls, a confirmed judging error on beam (the judge took the deductions from the girl before DD and then added DD's to it for a *really* low score. By the time it was straightened out the meet was over already.) and then the bars issues. She's slipped into the bottom third of the level 4 team - as evidenced by the lineup at meets. Well the last two meets it has all turned around for her! She even took 1st in the AA yesterday! It has been so hard to watch her struggle and I am just so proud that she has persevered.

Thank you all for understanding!

How awesome for her!! Connecting those bar routines is huge. I am sure she was so proud of herself. Congrats to her on a great meet!

I know that my dd hated that mill circle, too! lol How awesome for your dd that she got to have that "yippie" moment- at her meet, too! That's what makes it all worthwhile...when they see all that hard work pay off!! Congrats!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

NEW COMBO for Suni Lee? 🥇

Back