WAG SI joint pain/ Belt recommendations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm not looking for medical advise as Ive already been to the proper doctors and undergone various tests and went through PT for my sacroiliac joint. During PT, they had mentioned an SI belt that I might consider. At the time, I was feeling better so did not pursue this, but recently the pain is back and I no longer have insurance at the moment to revisit the PT. Anyone else have experience with this or using the belt that could recommend a good brand? There seems to be several ranging from $20-$100+. Thanks in advance for the advice and recomendations

OOOOh just to say poor you. I had Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction when I was pregnant and it was agony. I had a belt from the doctors which helped a little but not a great deal tbh.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh gosh, I had that too, it was worse than the child birth! I remember getting up one night, sliding out of bed and trying to gingerly crawl along the floor because I couldn't stand and getting stuck there for what seemed like hours, because it hurt to move a muscle.

I tried the belt the midwife gave me, but it didn't seem to make much difference for me :(

You have my sympathy.

OOoh @Flossyduck , did you hips dislocate if your turned over in bed ? I used to scream........., to the OP if the pain has come back maybe some more PT would be advisable to help stabilise the joint ?

Turning over in bed took about ten minutes and had to be done in teeny tiny movements and counter movements and even then it used to take my breath away!
Too, too horrible...
Was told it would go when the baby was born. It didn't. I panicked at the thought of being like that forever. 48 hours later - nothing!!

Yikes, I can't imagine pregnancy and this!
@Iwannabemargo Ive been doing the old exercises from PT but no insurance right now to go back at the moment. Was thinking the belt might be even a little extra relief. Do you know the brand you used?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back