WAG SI joint

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I have a sacroiliac joint dysfunction and I've been doing physical therapy for about 5 weeks. My hip still keeps popping out and it hurts my back. Sometimes even when my hip is in my back still hurts. Does anyone know why? And how long does it usually take to get your hip to stay in place?

I think that's a question to ask your therapist or doctor. I believe part of the process has to do with age and physical maturation, some with how it's treated, and some with your own unique structure.

I'm wonder how this came about. Was it the result of a new skill being added to your work, an awkward attempt at a skill you've already kinda learned, a new conditioning exercise, or the addition of ankle weights to your skill work?

Well I had a stress injury close to a stress fracture and once it was completely healed it stayed like that for probably like 6 months and it started to hurt again.

Well I had a stress injury close to a stress fracture and once it was completely healed it stayed like that for probably like 6 months and it started to hurt again.

Has anyone come up with a reasonable cause for the stress injury? Like falling on your behind with one side hitting first, or a bunch of jumps/leaps that you weren't flexible enough to do, or a sudden increase in leg lifts?

I was in level 8 when I got it and they are teasing it was from all of the back walkovers because walkover handspring was my beam series

You could possibly need a lumbo-sacral decompression. Make sure your therapist is trained in myofascial release and cranial sacral therapy. It is a must have with back problems. Have him or her check out your IT bands and pisiform is as well, often very tight in gymnasts. I hope this helps give you some direction.

Ok thank you very much and yes my therapist said I do have tight IT bands an he has been stretching them

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back