Parents Skip to 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is training to compete new level 4 in January which means she will skip level 3. She didn't practice/learn level 3 bar skills or routines. I assume this means she doesn't have to test out of level 3 to compete level 4?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

And most of those skills in that level (old 4) go absolutely nowhere toward the upper levels. She won't be missing a thing. Onward and Upward!

I coach a young xcel group, which is actually our pre-JO program as well. I didn't spend much time with the mill circle or the front hip, but focused on kip drill after kip drill with those other skills thrown in for variety once in a while. Once you're strong enough to kip well, the front hip comes pretty easily! Many will be "skipping" level 3 (new) which was the goal, and those that aren't have great bar foundations and those skills they will perfect this summer.

Many will be "skipping" level 3 (new) which was the goal, and those that aren't have great bar foundations and those skills they will perfect this summer.

That is great to hear! It seems crazy to think my daughter will be doing all the level 4 skills in just a few months - even though coach thinks it's a no-brainer. I guess that's what all the uptraining buzz is about! Good to know that she will be just fine whether she skips 3 or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back