Parents So embarrassing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
Well, DD embarrassed me so bad lastnight! She wanted to wear one of her newer leos she got at Christmas, and it was a tad big, so, I improvised by putting her in a pair of my boy short undies. (shes 8 - so either I am just that small or shes getting big lol...she only weighs about 52 lbs while I am at 102)....Well, at gym lastnight, her coach had said something to her, and she comes running over to me, and asked me if she was wearing her undies as shorts. All the parents sitting around me looked at me smiling, so I had to whisper through my teeth that they were my underwear. Well, she goes back to the group and as loud as she could, she tells the coach that they are her mommys underwear!! OMG all the surrounding parents looked at me and started laughing, all I could do was to cover my face and giggle. I know my face got soooo red! I think one of the other girls on her team said something but the coach stood up for DD and said something good about it. Ugh, the things our DD's and DS's do to embarrass us parents.

Sometimes things are just so embarrassing that they have to be shared! :)
Thanks for the giggle!

That's ok. We get to embarrass them right back. For two days in a row I have stopped my car in the middle of school drop off and waved other cars around me because a certain 8 year old won't keep her seatbelt on until I stop the car. And when she takes it off before we get to the drop off spot I will wait until she puts it back on before I drive again.

Haha!! That's all you for putting your undies on display!!
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of opportunities to pay her back when she hits middle school.

Certainly a fashion statement some of the kids I've coached would have agreed with. I once had a early teen show up with superman drawers worn outside her leotard. Fortunately they'd never been worn by either of her brothers.........

Poor baby girl! Sometimes at 8 they still don't know what is embarrassing and what isn't!! I feel bad for her.

I think it's you embarrassing her putting her in a pair of your underwear instead of shorts!

Why not just let her wear her own underneath her leo if the leo might gape a bit...

They were on top, and they were the boy shorts, much like the booty shorts the gymnasts wear anyways...She was not embarrassed by wearing them, she loved it!

And there are alot of girls that wear the boy short undies over their leos as shorts. Thanks everyone here who has a sense of humor. She does have her own shorts BTW, but as long as the boy short underwear are clean, they should be allowed to wear them as bar shorts without ridicule. Its not like they are just wearing them as underwear over their leo, dang!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back