WAG Split leap help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnastics15

Gymnast
Reaction score
So, this is currently my split leap. I'm trying to go to level 6, so I must have 180-degree split leap, but it just seems like my back leg will never go as high as my front leg to get it there. I currently have a full on the ground split on my good leg, I am really trying to get my bad leg, I'd say I'm about a little over halfway there, if the splits help. But anyway, if anybody could give me some exercises or help on it would be greatly appreciated!
Kenley.jpg

So, it's not always necessarily about the flexibility to get there (I mean it is somewhat but that doesn't sound like the problem), it's more about the speed at which you are driving up your back leg. Split jumps on a trampoline with a resistance band on your leg can help that, as can attaching the band to something and swinging your leg back and up to work on strengthening that. Working oversplits with my back leg up on something but straight also helped me a bit.

Active flexibility. Standing straight leg kicks forward, backward, and sideways with a resistance band are probably your best bet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back