Parents Spondylolysis. Questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I totally went through this. Oldest and youngest dd's were signed up for IGC when oldest was told no physical activity for a year that could torque the back. Youngest still got to go, oldest was devastated.

This was the start of two years of no activity. I feel your pain..

Try to find her some other things to do to take her mind of it. We took oldest to NYC instead of IGC< it was kind of on the way.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm sure we can find some $1200-worth activity to do with her (assuming we'll get our camp money back). :)

IGC was pretty good with the financial side of things. We lost some, but not all.

How was she after 12 weeks of no gym? Did it take her long to regain her skills? How has her back been since then?

I did notice a change in her muscle definition and a decrease in strength after no gym for 12 weeks. She slowly started getting her skills back and was able to compete one full meet before states. Since she has been fully back at gym she has had no further back pain. We limit BWOs at practice- since she is now training L6/7, they really don't even do them anymore. She knows to tell us if she experiences any discomfort.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back