Parents Suggestions for an app to keep parents in the loop

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

Greetings

We do not have a booster club and there really is no way for parents to communicate quickly or easily.

Can anyone recommend an app for doing this? Tis the season of parties, secret santas. I wish we had a easy way to let everyone know whats happening, what we need, calendar, etc....

Thanks.

Teamsphere or teamsnap are both good. We've used these with soccer and baseball.
What are the pros and cons in your opinion.

I am also guessing not all parents have the same phone (iphone vs android)

I have used teamsnap also for my boys' sports teams. GroupMe is a good way to group text a lot of people but still works with phones of all types and if the parent doesn't have the app, it will show up in their regular texts, so that's kind of nice.

We use group me for my sons baseball team. It's great and I haven't experienced any negatives. We use regular group texts for DD gymnastics and someone always accidentally gets left off so it's not the best line of communication. The school uses remind 101 and so far it seems to be great.

We simply have a facebook group for each level and then o e for the Boosters (but that one could be apecifically for the gym). They are private/secret groups, so parents are able to share pictures and reminders, etc.

I agree, school uses remind 101. My book club uses a private Facebook group. Not everyone likes it but most of us are on FB regularly and the few that don't call or text the others.,

We have a FB group as well, but its a little cumbersome for things like arranging parties. Doesn't lend well to lists, who is bringing dessert. Who is bringing coffee etc....

Or hair and report times. It would be nice to be able to have all the parents together but able to also break them out by groups (level). L3 reports x, L5 report z. This group is a pony tail with the red scrunchie. Crud like that. A calendar. Due dates for fees.

Its not easy to manage and view that kind of stuff on FB.

I would vote e-mail lists for announcements plus SignUpGenius for parties/who is bringing what.
I was hoping for one stop shopping.

Email lists are hard to maintain. As in making sure everyone have the ones they need, as our kids train different days and times. All parents are not always around. Folks come and go. Emails don't always translate well to actual names of parents and gymmies. Sometimes you look at an email address and think, who is this person, which kid is it?????o_O:confused:

Shutterfly!!! We use it and it's great it has an email feature and a calendar with sign up features (like who is bringing meet gifts/snacks etc.) and all the parents names are listed for each gymnast, you can also add photos....I'll see if the app has a specific name.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back