Parents Summer camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is there a preteam program? Most gyms that start competing at L4 do not promote to that level out of rec class. There will be an invite only class or series of classes that meet multiple times a week and the kids promoting to L4 will have been going three times a week for 2-3 hours a day. You may want to go ahead and ask, because it's also typical that promotions to preteam are done at a particular time of year; often at the end of the school year. If you ask how you might prepare her for selection to that, you may find out she needs to be conditioning on her off days or that multiple rec classes a week NOW will help. I don't want you to wait until the summer and then find out she's stuck in rec for another whole year.

Oh that's a good idea! I'll definitely ask about that. I do wish all those procedures were readily available in a handbook or on the website, just seems like it would make sense to clarify policies.

But back to the camp thing :) what kind of lunches do you all recommend? What would give her enough energy for 4 straight hours of gym?
For my kids variety is good. I do a sandwich; crackers, meat and cheese; quesadilla etc . Plus fruit, veggies, yogurt tube and a couple snacky things (fruit snacks, granola bar, applesauce pouch ...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back