Off Topic Surgery in the AM

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Im so nervous. Its surgery tomorrow at 6:30 am to repair a torn ligament in my ankle (it was supposed to be done right after Halloween but I didn't want to be over the holidays with crutches). I'll be on crutches until at least June. 6 - 8 weeks in a cast if all goes well then 6 - 8 weeks in a boot and at least 6 weeks of PT. That brings me right through the spring into the summer. Did I say I'm nervous I need some healing faries big time and a bucket load of courage.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts

:wide-eyed: I think I'm going to be up all night and I'm hungry and thirsty.

You will be just fine! It will be better tomorrow when it's done. Be sure to get some good pain meds and let your gymmie help you with your PT. She will love to be your trainer. Let us know how it goes.

Oh Cher I will say a prayer that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery!!! What did you do? Not a lay out I hope lol. Keep us posted on how it went :)

hope all goes well. i was on crutches for 7 weeks after hip surgery. get a backpack. trying to carry a purse while on crutches is impossible !

Oh Cher I will say a prayer that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery!!! What did you do? Not a lay out I hope lol. Keep us posted on how it went :)

It actually happened almost a year ago. My son opened a steel door into my ankle. At the time I figured it was just sprained so I didn't go to the doctor. Over the year there would be days that it got very painful. Back in Sept they did an MRI on it and the tendon in the ankle was actually torn - think rope that started to fray and is holding on by a string. They wanted to do the operation in Nov but no way was I going to be laid up for thanksgiving, christmas and new years. So we crossed our fingers it didn't snap over the holidays.

The Surgery went well and I'm home with leg up. Pain med at my side ready for when I need them and the novicane wears of (they said it could be 15 hours before it wears off). Now lets hope I don't break my neck moving around on crutches LOL.

I have a couple of good friends making me dinners over the next few days - they know hubby can't even boil water and make it taste good LOL. Boiled ham dinner tonight YUM.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES.

You're going to have some amazing muscles when you're done with crutches. Silver lining, right?

I hope your recovery goes well.

Glad that the surgery went well and that you are home recouperating. If I were laid up in bed recovering from surgery, on crutches, etc., I would milk it for everything it's worth! Lol But that's just me. Let everyone do all those nice things they are offering to do and take care of yourself ;)

Rest up, hope you are not in too much pain, glad you have your pain pills ready. Glad everything went well today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back