Parents Tampa, FL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lakewood Ranch is in Bradenton, which is about 30-45min south of Tampa depending on traffic. They trained elite at one point but I don't know if they still do and/or how successful they are. They are a good College recruiting gym though. Orlando Metro has successfully trained elites but of course, they are in Orlando, which depending on where in Tampa you are, could be as long as a 2 hour commute.

Lakewood Ranch is in Bradenton, which is about 30-45min south of Tampa depending on traffic. They trained elite at one point but I don't know if they still do and/or how successful they are. They are a good College recruiting gym though. Orlando Metro has successfully trained elites but of course, they are in Orlando, which depending on where in Tampa you are, could be as long as a 2 hour commute.

I would agree with both of these as well... but yes... further away from actual Tampa.

Don't live in FL and don't have any real info other than our gym owner, many states away, speaks very highly of La Fleurs and has said it would be his go-to gym in FL.

Reactions: JBS
From Tampa, live in Florida. Tbt and lafluers are your best bets for top level gymnastics. I know the tbt owners/coaches fairly well. Tbt explicitly does not do elite gymnastics but instead focus on top shelf L10 gymnastics. They have a proven track record of placing college gymnasts (Gugino at Michigan is from tbt). Lafluers has been around for awhile (brad, tbt owner, came from lafluers). I don’t think they have an active elite program but might be open to training elites. Another gym you might look at is golden city in Brandon. They do have an elite program and do a good job. Where you move to in Tampa could dictate gym, tbt is in st Pete so you would have to drive across the Howard Franklin to get there. Lafluers has two gyms one in largo and one in Tampa. If you are serious about elite the only active elite somewhat in the area is at brandy johnson which is where charlotte booth trains. But that is in the Orlando area. There is also Orlando metro too. A 40 mile drive down i4 from Tampa.

From Tampa, live in Florida. Tbt and lafluers are your best bets for top level gymnastics. I know the tbt owners/coaches fairly well. Tbt explicitly does not do elite gymnastics but instead focus on top shelf L10 gymnastics. They have a proven track record of placing college gymnasts (Gugino at Michigan is from tbt). Lafluers has been around for awhile (brad, tbt owner, came from lafluers). I don’t think they have an active elite program but might be open to training elites. Another gym you might look at is golden city in Brandon. They do have an elite program and do a good job. Where you move to in Tampa could dictate gym, tbt is in st Pete so you would have to drive across the Howard Franklin to get there. Lafluers has two gyms one in largo and one in Tampa. If you are serious about elite the only active elite somewhat in the area is at brandy johnson which is where charlotte booth trains. But that is in the Orlando area. There is also Orlando metro too. A 40 mile drive down i4 from Tampa.
Thank you so much for that insight!! I appreciate it so much!!

Lakewood ranch has a very specific reputation in our area and I would only recommend going that route if your kid is a consistently top 1-3 place scorer and you know for a fact she will be in that position in the upcoming season as well.

Lafleurs and TBT are both very good gyms. Brandy johnsons may be a viable option depending where in Tampa you live, but our traffic is also nuts. Expect to home school or hybrid school for Brandys, their optionals all practice during school hours.

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back