WAG Team expenses

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinkos98

Gymnast
I was reading the thread in the parent forum about team expenses and it really opened my eyes to how much my parents pay for me to do gymnastics. I really really want to help pay for it, but I'm only 14 and our gym isn't exactly around the corner, so working there isn't an option. What else can I do to earn money? I really do want to help pay for gym because it may be the difference between doing competitive next season and going back to rec classes.

Sent from my iPod touch on the Chalkbucket mobile app

You're the gymnast? Work hard, love what you're doing, and keep doing well in school. Parents want to support their kids, and are happy to do so when it's something the kid is passionate about and works hard at. When the kids aren't all that into it or don't put much into it, the parents aren't as inclined to sink a lot of money into something.

As a mom of a gymnast, here's my two cents worth: 1. Keep up your grades at school. 2. Work hard in the gym every day you're there. 3. Show your appreciation for what your parents are paying (in time, money, etc) by helping around the house WITHOUT complaining or waiting for them to ask you. (That's big on my house).

That being said, some ideas of things you might do as a "job" at your age: babysitting, fundraisers that your gym does to offset costs, or make up your own fundraiser that you can help with. My girls and I made bierocks a few different times to help with costs of going to nationals, and to help offset some of her gymnastics costs. It was actually pretty fun to spend the time together, and we made quite a bit of money. We took orders and then set aside a time to make them, then delivered to the customers.

I think it is very sweet and mature of you to be understanding the cost and time commitment your parents are investing in your gymnastics. For me, the showing of appreciation by helping around the house without complaining is probably the biggest way my DD can help out! Good luck!

Be a good kid (sounds like that's already covered), keep up and get good grades in school, do a few chores you normally don't, and make every moment in the gym worth something by listening to and believing the coach. One last thing...... have fun. Whoops!, one more thing..... a hug every day for mom and dad.

I totally agree with everyone else! Showing responsibility, respect, and thanking your parents will get you a LONG way!

Babysit! Any friends or family you could ask. Whenever I hear someone I know saying they need a babysitter I always offer to help out if I can :) I think that's really sweet of you to be doing that. Also, another thing you could do with that money, is buy all the extras like tape and stuff like that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back