Anon Team tryouts?

• Thread starter Anonymous (1eb5)
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (1eb5)

I'm a gymnast that has been doing recreational for about 2 months, and want to try out for team the only things I don't have but will probably need are a pullover, and back hip circle but my highest skill on beam is a cartwheel, highest on bars is a squat on, highest on floor is a front handspring, and highest on vault is a 1/2 on 1/2 off, I have 2 questions, first how long does it usually take a team coach to respond to an email asking when tryouts are? and two what does a team tryout for Excel silver or bronze usually look like?

This sounds very familiar - haven't you already posted a few times about this?

Coaches can take awhile to answer emails. If you are not getting a response try asking the front desk or having a parent call. It's hard for us to say what a tryout looks like as gyms have different requirements. Some gyms only consider kids within a certain age range. Some gyms look for specific skills with no exceptions if the athlete doesn't have all of them. Some gyms look at a combination of factors. The gym you are hoping to join should give you some basic information.

Our gym didn't do tryouts, just promotions from classes. We would never put someone on team without a pullover though. We have 4 rec levels that then lead to team and you have to have a pullover to pass out of the second one.

Talk to your current coach about your interest in team and they will let you know the path.

Didn't you post this a week or so ago? Just ask your rec coach, they will know the process.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back