WAG Thank you, Chalkbucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JoyAvenueMom

Proud Parent
Recently I found myself face-to-face with my first honest-to-goodness CGM. Thanks to so many of you...the experience felt surreal...like I had finally spotted BIG FOOT or the Loch Ness Monster! Her dd was obviously the most talented gymnast this gym has ever seen....some of the coaches even told her so. She was eager to know how long my dd had been in the sport, then positively glowed as she told me how well her daughter was doing in a MUCH shorter span of time. It is her first year competing, and well, CGM doesn't know much except how good DD must be! My irritation lasted only a few seconds as I recognized her for who she was...a really nice lady who is TOTALLY caught up in the excitement of her kid's talent and enthusiasm. I smiled a genuine smile, welcomed her to this crazy sport, and suggested she explore the Chalkbucket community. (Thinking to myself it may be the only way any of us can deal with her long term!)

I'm reminded of the scene from the movie "Airplane" where people of every description are lined up to slap some sense back into a frantic passenger. I think the nuns got in a few whacks along with the rest of them...... :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back