Off Topic Things you would tell...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lots of stuff…but mainly,

DON’T SKIP CONDITIONING!! (and do lots at home)
They’d have us do 15 minutes at the end of our rec classes, but 30 minutes of conditioning a week is no where NEAR enough. I still do rec, but now that I condition an hour a day at home and then stretch for 30 after, I am the only person in my rec classes to do a round off 2 backhandsprings (or even a single BHS, for that matter). I just wish I had done more when I started gymnastics 9 months ago…..

So true!!!

Round off 2 bhs in 9 months, wow! You're talented! Don't worry- you seem like a fast learner so you haven't lost much!
Thank you! round off 2 BHS came easily after getting RO one BHS….my form is still atrocious though lol. I also did gymnastics from ages 8-11 before quitting because of covid so the skills came a little easier even if I had never done them before.

Thank you! round off 2 BHS came easily after getting RO one BHS….my form is still atrocious though lol. I also did gymnastics from ages 8-11 before quitting because of covid so the skills came a little easier even if I had never done them before.
Its kinda the opposite for me- I have a lot of power from my round offs but not from back handsprings, so doing the second back handspring was harder for me haha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back