Ticket applications open today worldwide

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've just sat down to try and work out exactly what I want to see and how much I'm willing to pay. It comes to well over £1000 if I'm lucky enough to get everything I want. That included the opening ceremony and 10m diving finals as well as practically all the gymnastics!
I have to try and remember it's going to mean 2 weeks off work. So unless we switch all the training to the mornings, then travel 2 hours to London on the days where gymnastics is on in the afternoon I'm going to be well out of pocket.
Accommodation is also going to be needed. Prices have gone up drastically! I just looked at an apartment which usually costs £350 per week - between 6 people that isn't bad, however, its Olympics rate is £2000 per week! How can they justify that?!
I'm thinking of getting a grotty little room for £40 per night which is what I've done before (only problem is you can't book for summer 2012 too far in advance) OR find somewhere outside of London to stay.
I'm determined to see something though and I'll deal with any problems when they occur!

I tried for some, but in Canada you can only ask for two tickets per event, which isn't the best for a family!

Marie, you might look at youth hostels slightly outside of the city. London will be crazy expensive. Vancouvers prices went way through the roof during the winter Olympics.

Did anyone apply for tickets in the end?

Although I'd love to get everything I applied for, I'm dreading the day when a large sum of money disappears from my account!

I really hope I get tickets to at least 1 event!

I am so happy for you. I got an email two days back to day I wouldn't be getting any tickets. That gym was massively oversubscribed and less than 8% of requests would be met. So you are one lucky girl!

Well I got my confirmation email today and couldn't be happier! I got women's team final!! SO EXCITED!

Didn't see your post before, Bog!
It really does suck that true fans of each sport didn't get priority! I know how lucky I am, believe me! So many people applied for so much and got nothing! Including parents of possible team members, although I read that gymnasts will get 2 tickets for each event they qualify for for family!
I read on twitter yesterday that gymnastics is totally sold out.

Wow Marie, I am so thrilled for you. I applied for WAG TF's too. BUt at least now I can say I know someone who is going!

Gymnastics was totally sold out in the first round, the second round tickets were for sports like "watching paint dry" and "this sport is so boring even the competitors draw pensions", so I didn't bother as gym is the only thing worth flying for!

I am horrified, however, that families may not get to see their child compete, the commitment to elite sports is a family one. THen to hear that foreign dignitaries etc get an allocation first, just makes me mad.

I have 1 qualification round. Very disappointed as we applied for all 3 rounds in all the price bands to stay all day, and also 3 of the finals. I suppose it's better than nothing, although not knowing who will be in each qualification round is so annoying!

Glad you got something. The thought of none gym fans with money, or connections, sitting and watching gym live when the real fans are stuck at home is just silly. THe UK Olympic tickets system was very flawed.

Lets hope you get to see a good group.

This all sounds awful! It is extremely frustating for me that parents/familly members, who have supported their children from day one, made huge sacrifices(including financially) just to get them to 2012 will possibly not even be able to watch live! UGH!!

Can't say i was too happy when i found out the Olympics are around the time of my final exams.....will have to wait until 2016

I am waiting for the 2012 london olympics. i am dying to see the battle of all nations for the medals not only for gold but for all medals. Thanks...!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back