Coaches Tired of Parents complaining ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

All4technique

:eek:I get tired of parents complaining about every little thing. Parents tend to want you to coach like they parent. If I did that, then their kid would not learn anything. It seems to me that parents pacify kids way to much now a days ... to the point where kids can't even make corrections or follow instructions because they are use to Mommy doing everything, or bailing them out of everything. It's crazy.

Deliver your corrections in either a neutral, or positive context, and let them know that they are the ones (the kids) who have to make the changes if they want to learn skills. Remind them often that there is more they can do, and their progress, or lack of, is the result of how well they listen, how hard they work, and how committed they are to making the changes your corrections are intended to bring about. Use information, delivered with a sense of urgency and concern, and keep it sincere and truthful.

If their parents can't handle that approach, then they can't handle the truth and reality their child is creating for herself.... it's that simple.

The last thing is to let your emotions show just enough, because, as long as you're reasonable about your expectations and are doing this "for the kids" it'll come across as...... your child needs this..... I'm the coach, so let me coach....... Parent your child all you want, but leave the coaching to me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back