WAG toxic coaching?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

charsgymnastics

Gymnast
Reaction score
Fo reference I am an older xcel gymnast, I am in xcel silver at the ancient age of 14 years old being one of the oldest in my group. [second oldest girls being 13 and 11] but for the majority my group has elementary age girls. The other day we were learning our routines, we all were grouped together since our gym does compulsory xcel routines. We were on bars which is not my best event, we were practicing lang hang kips which we had to have a squat on to do. I have always had trouble with squat ons because of my weird proportions so ive always had it on and off and this day. When I failed to get my squat on my coach just yelled at me and rolled her eyes after and just looked away. Remember this ain't even a required skill for my level, it was just for fun. She then proceeded to single me out during my next turn telling me im too tall for my sport. She alsos pressures me into doing skills I am clearly not comfortable with, back tucks, bwo on beam, and twisting my dismount. I am the only one who she makes do these because she says I need to 'level up' quicker. I have never trained any of these skills properly and have a higher chance on getting hurt. obviously I push through and do it anyways scared out of my mind. She also makes it clear to me by telling me that I shouldn't be on team if I can't even do a double bhs on floor. I either go home happy I wasn't yelled at or humiliated or go home crying my eyes out because I'm not good enough for her.. I need help with this

Is high school gymnastics available in your area, might consider transitioning to that if it is.

Coach doesn't seem interested in coaching you, or your personalities conflict too much, might be giving you tough love but that can land poorly with some athletes. In any case if you can do gymnastics with other similarly aged athletes that is probably for the best.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back