Parents Trampoline routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

In our area I am personally familiar with 2 gyms and have friends in several other locations. From about 5 gyms altogether (that's pretty much what we have here anyways) only our gym has trampoline routine along with floor routine for in gym meet. 3 out of 5 gyms don't even have trampoline practice during class. They do tumble track instead. I am talking about series of tricks together like seat-doggy-belly-doggy-roll for example. Only 2 gyms practice that kinda stuff during class. 3 other gyms never do. Again only our gym have trampoline part along with the floor during in gym meet.

Is there a reason why some gyms dont even touch trampoline during classes (not tumble track) and some spend load of time on it?

maybe they don't have a trampoline? or maybe they don't expose the kids to a trampoline until a certain age?? or maybe they don't have an experienced coach versed in coaching trampoline??? or.........:)

i had never heard of trampoline routines until i joined chalk bucket.. really was kinda confused by it and still am. my dau's team barely uses the trampolines during class (except the tumble track) and i don't really see higher level girls use them much either.. they're used as more of a reward at level 3/4 since most kids find it fun.. are trampoline routines associated with USAG?

yes. the USA Gymnastics program is called T&T...stands for trampoline and tumbling. there are not many gyms in the USA that do T&T exclusively. and we have a National Team for men and women in this discipline. there is a level system just as artistic has.

trampolines are primarily used as training devices for artistic gymnastics. most high level gyms use them to teach body awareness/kinesthetics. as i've stated before, you can only do so many repetitions of some of the skills that we do on a hard surface. trampoline and tumbl tracks mitigate and manage those issues.:)

wow. idk what exactly "higher level gyms" are, but we consistantly have kids scholarshipped to awesome colleges, though we are kind of a small gym (with way too many girls).. maybe the big girls use them more than i see, but regardless i'd love to see a meet with trampoline included, think i'll google to see if i can find any nearby to watch.. my dd would probably enjoy watching it as much as me. is there music like for floor? how long are routines? maybe i should just read up on it :)

My dd is level 9 artistic and we use the trampolines and tumble tracks every day, it seems for at least one event. Trampoline meets are usually not held with gymnastics meets, and they are 10 skills connected. There is also double mini at t&t meets which is very cool to watch as well. You should look on you tube.

wow. idk what exactly "higher level gyms" are, but we consistantly have kids scholarshipped to awesome colleges, though we are kind of a small gym (with way too many girls).. maybe the big girls use them more than i see, but regardless i'd love to see a meet with trampoline included, think i'll google to see if i can find any nearby to watch.. my dd would probably enjoy watching it as much as me. is there music like for floor? how long are routines? maybe i should just read up on it :)

Trampoline Women's Final - Full Replay -- London 2012 Olympic Games - YouTube Trampoline Men's Qualification - Full Replay -- London 2012 Olympic Games - YouTube

Our dd uses tramp for training 1/2s and fulls, and tumble track for everything prior to moving skills to rod floor. Also used for split leaps with weights (won't do those on regular floor), bouncing handstands, and whips. They don't compete tramp but use it for regular training.

Our girls team uses it for training certain skills pretty much every day...at least several times a week anyway. Our boys use it heavily though. They have a very specific routine they do with certain skills with the goal being to train body awareness/positioning/connections/etc. for tumbling and probably dismounts and such. It's pretty cool to watch them...I do find myself holding my breath though. They fly so high!! :eek:

Boys do use the trampoline for FUture Stars. There are specific routines for it. But for routines, that is it.

I'll throw a Canadian perspective out there. My dd actually competes trampoline, double mini and tumbling in addition to artistic. They have specific routines that they compete.

For artistic, when training floor, they do lots of passes on both the tumble track and the rod floor to learn and perfect the skills before putting them on the floor.

They also use the tramps for learning layouts and things and they do split jumps and switch splits on them too.

Plus they love going in the bungee thing and flying around!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back