WAG Trampolines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Yikes, what? how on earth did that word sneek in? geesh.

We lost the filters in the upgrade. I guess this is how we find these things out. Normally not an issue as our members are smart enough to follow the rules.

This kind of reminds me of a comedy routine I heard once.... Something to the effect of letting natural selection take place.
I can't think of a nice way to type what I wanted to say considering I don't know how young the person is

Old enough to know better. You have to be 14 to post on the CB. My own 14 year old would be more than aware that there is no right place to write the way Miss Bogan did. She was being rude on purpose, and that has no place here.

Take note everyone, we have not had filters for bad language for quite some time, this is the very first time that I have had to deal with it. In the grand scheme of running forums the fact that we have such a well mannered community speaks volumes. Most others forums are not like this. Thanks.

Her profile said she was 25. More than old enough to have developed some manners. If in fact she is really 25. Anger issues I guess. Anyway, I made the "surprising for a gymnast" comment because, one thing I love about the sport is that gymnasts are usually very bright, respectful, mature little people, who grow up to be bright, respectful and mature adults and probably why you haven't needed filters. I guess there is always the exception to the rule. Sorry to get waaay of topic! About trampolines, not allowed over here (per DH). He (thankfully) is the more safety conscious of the two of us, the worrier maybe, but good for balance. :) Stay safe emilycatherine!

We have a trampoline. Got it from SAMs several years ago. Kids loved it as toddlers, but now at 7, 8, & 10, rarely use it. I work for a gym so kids would prefer to jump in the pits now. Kinda took all of the fun out of our trampoline since it doesn't have a pit at the end. However, when they did play on it, they were supervised and mostly, they just ran around the inside of the net and jumped on it. No flips.

Thanks! My mom found one from Walmart with great reviews and perfect size for our backyard, and we already have rules... 1 person at a time, no flipping when I'm home alone, no friends unless my mom talks to them verbally first an I also had to agree to take any picture any time without winning or complaining... I hate pictures

EmilyKatherine, please show your mom what i am about to post:

Mom, you need to have a basic waiver form that meets your state's basic civil law statutes and have each and every parent SIGN that waiver before you let them go on your trampoline. if and when you are sued, they can not make the claim in their complaint that they were not dutifully informed of the inherent risks associated with a trampoline. this waiver is key in a defense of that tort.

next, you need to check with your homeowners insurance company to see if trampolines are even covered. it is more likely than not that they are NOT covered. they may charge you additionally, or require you to put up a fence. you must check with them. if something happens, and you are denied coverage in the event of a neighbor child becoming seriously injured, you and your husband will be on the hook financially in that liability. if that litigation finds that the Plaintiff's Attorney must come after you personally, i don't think i need to tell you what that means and what that will cost. this kind of legal action will bring you under faster than the Costa Concordia.

and then maybe explain to your daughter...never mind. :)

additionally, most states look upon the backyard trampolines as an "open and obvious danger". but the waiver is useful as a gold plate defense if the Plaintiff claims that they had "no idea" that they (child) could have been injured such as they were on a trampoline.

EmilyKatherine, please show your mom what i am about to post:

Mom, you need to have a basic waiver form that meets your state's basic civil law statutes and have each and every parent SIGN that waiver before you let them go on your trampoline. if and when you are sued, they can not make the claim in their complaint that they were not dutifully informed of the inherent risks associated with a trampoline. this waiver is key in a defense of that tort.

next, you need to check with your homeowners insurance company to see if trampolines are even covered. it is more likely than not that they are NOT covered. they may charge you additionally, or require you to put up a fence. you must check with them. if something happens, and you are denied coverage in the event of a neighbor child becoming seriously injured, you and your husband will be on the hook financially in that liability. if that litigation finds that the Plaintiff's Attorney must come after you personally, i don't think i need to tell you what that means and what that will cost. this kind of legal action will bring you under faster than the Costa Concordia.

and then maybe explain to your daughter...never mind. :)
We do have a fence( dogs) and I will show them it thank u!

I'm glad you will show them this that shows maturity on your part. I know you want a trampoline and we are not here to spoil your fun. As adults, we have seen too many accidents and heard about too many more. That is why we are concerned.

May I add we already have the trampoline... It's sitting in the box in the living room till christmas

May I add we already have the trampoline... It's sitting in the box in the living room till christmas

How can you be so sure there's a trampoline in the box. Sure, maybe it says TRAMPOLINE on the box, but who knows if it's a trick.:confused:

Maybe you should try jumping on the box....... If you bounce really high off the box:eek: well, you know........:D

My dad told me after practice the night I can... And is disassembled if probably break an important part if I were to just jump :o :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back