Parents Trying to get the parent forum active again! Can you think back for me?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Both of my girls got their handstands after practicing at home against the wall. They would have contests who could stay upside down the longest . . . eventually they both were able to do them without the wall. I don't remember how long it took - but I do think just doing them against the wall at home helped

I agree against the wall helps heaps... just nominate a wall that is washable! I am still forever cleaning footprints off my hallway walls :)

Thanks guys, I will definitely try the wall thing! LOL about the footprints on the walls!

My daughter used to do an awesome handstand but then they noticed one day that she was doing a cartwheel and roundoff with her right leg but doing her handstand with her left leg. They told her she needed to be consistent and switch to using her right leg on the handstands. Oh boy it was like starting all over for her and she struggled. We also noticed that she was putting her hands out too far when she was trying to do her handstands so she was straining trying to get her body and legs up. It helped when she moved her hands closer to her body when going down.

Thanks guys, I will definitely try the wall thing! LOL about the footprints on the walls!

I want video of you doing handstands against the wall for next years CB Challenge!!! Unless you mean you will encourage your dd to try handstands against the wall???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back