Parents Uhhhmmmm.... Head lice......?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

in this instance, it's great being a male. when our family got hit back in the 60's, dad took us to the barber and we got baldies. can't remember what my mother did with my sisters...

Thanks, everyone. I feel much better.

I will not treat my DD unless I find nits/lice actually on her head. We don't eat pesticides if we can help it, so I don't look forward to using it on our heads! (I also have an autoimmune liver disease, so I am very cautious with this sort of thing). Of course, I'd use it if I really needed to; though I'd probably try a "natural" remedy first to see if it was effective.

Anyway, I have checked DD every day, and we use the tea tree oil products like crazy. And even on my son! My DH looks me over daily, also.

The girl has not been in since it was discovered, and will likely miss this entire week, too (per her mom). Not only does she not want to spread it, she is terrified of a re-infestation.

I know it is going around everywhere. Was just curious if is was "common" in gymnastics, or if ours gym was especially unlucky.

The mom wants to pull out of fear and frustration. The gym is refusing post it, even though the person at the desk confirmed there have been several other cases. So, the mom is pissed that she has to personally inform other parents. She doesn't want her kid singled out. I know our gym DID post it once a couple of years ago, and it created quite the hysteria (and was not great for business, as it was during re-registration time!).

Anyway, my DD's hair is usually dirty. ;) So, that's maybe why we've been ok. I don't shampoo her a ton, as she has long, fine hair, scalp dermatitis and eczema (!). When we have trouble combing it, we wash it. But I use leave-in sprays with rosemary, tea tree and citronella. So far, she is tolerating them.

But I have to say, the mind is a powerful thing. My head has been itching since I heard (and my DH and hairdresser have picked through mine to be sure!). :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back