Parents UK Competition pathways.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OBO

Proud Parent
My daughter has just been offered a place in the 'out of age' competition pathway for when she turns 7. I'm not sure what this means, could anyone explain?
Thanks

Thanks for that! Do you know how intense this sort of training is?
My daughter loves loves loves gymnastics and we are very supportive of her, but we are not sure we want it to completely overtake her life.

depends on you club, and the pathway they have chosen. OOA could mean OOA compulsories (intensive), National (medium) or even regional ( basically not much more than rec). A OOA complusory gymnast would probably be working more than an In Age Regional gymnast.

The thing I think is not to stress too much about it, most of us just go with the flow as we have no say in the hours each gymnast will eventually train, the only options we really have if we don't agree is to switch gyms.

So many things will change over her time in gym you can't second guess where it will end.

Check out the sticky threads in the UK forum for more info, its all as clear as mud.

'Margo

But most clubs are pushing girls through the national path not elite. The difference in skill level between national 1 and compulsory 1 is huge. The very small numbers in comp 1 in and out of age show that this is a very tricky path.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back