Parents Unicorn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Reaction score
That's what my ODD is channeling. I think I may officially have the most colorful gymnast in the country!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1466139231.601319.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1466139249.282983.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of color. Her hair seems to take color really well though. So fun!

It's so cute. My girls dad would never ever let them get that.

Funny you said that. I took my ODD (16) to hair salon yesterday. We did tell DH that she was going to get her hair dyed, but didn't say what color. She came home with this bright red color, I thought he was going to kill both of us. Oh well, he'll get over it! LOL

Funny you said that. I took my ODD (16) to hair salon yesterday. We did tell DH that she was going to get her hair dyed, but didn't say what color. She came home with this bright red color, I thought he was going to kill both of us. Oh well, he'll get over it! LOL
My DH is completely on board with this. I've been doing streaks and tips for years on them, and kool aide rinses even before that. I think it helps that my hair was fire engine red for almost 17 years. I've had extended family really mad that I allow this, and all I can say is it's just hair.. It will change, grow out, etc. Better this for a summer than a tattoo or fresh clothes. Just my feelings on it. She says she's a rock star-unicorn-mermaid- princess-flower child, and now her hair matches her soul. Lol

My DH is completely on board with this. I've been doing streaks and tips for years on them, and kool aide rinses even before that. I think it helps that my hair was fire engine red for almost 17 years. I've had extended family really mad that I allow this, and all I can say is it's just hair.. It will change, grow out, etc. Better this for a summer than a tattoo or fresh clothes. Just my feelings on it. She says she's a rock star-unicorn-mermaid- princess-flower child, and now her hair matches her soul. Lol

That's exactly what I told my DH, it's just hair, at least it's not a tattoo! :)

It looks cool, I'm a big fan of multicolored hair and have been doing it on my kids for a few years (although not quite ThAT colorful!). Your region must be more permissive than ours though. In ours, any "non-natural" hair color must be hidden for competitions. DD has been told by judges that she needed to either hide it in a hairstyle or get docked points.... (Half her hair was cherry red and I hid it inside buns normally, for this comp I had let her wear it in a French braid into ponytail so it was visible)

I love it! And I love the comment that her hair "matches her soul" that is so adorable! Will you have to get it dyed back to normal for comp season or will they permit it?

It looks cool, I'm a big fan of multicolored hair and have been doing it on my kids for a few years (although not quite ThAT colorful!). Your region must be more permissive than ours though. In ours, any "non-natural" hair color must be hidden for competitions. DD has been told by judges that she needed to either hide it in a hairstyle or get docked points.... (Half her hair was cherry red and I hid it inside buns normally, for this comp I had let her wear it in a French braid into ponytail so it was visible)

As far as I'm aware, it's not against the rules. Even if it were, it'll be gone by January. Even if it weren't, she is in no danger of ruining a perfect 10. And besides all that, she might not even be competing this year. I've seen unnatural colors at a few comps, but not many. Anyone know of a specific rule? Region 1.

We were told that the judges can choose to deduct for it but they have to let you know. She chose to let us know so we could fix it. The judge is familiar with us (she has a good relationship with the gym) and would have definitely noticed if my DD would have chosen to NOT heed the warning for the next meet.
Region 2. FWIW, nothing was mentioned during a previous meet where she had also worn it visible (different judges). HC basically told me it was up to the judges and it was a risk. My Dd isn't in any danger of ruining a perfect 10 either, lol, but she needs all the tenths she can get! :)

Omg....you DD hair looks so cool I LOVE it. It's so much fun to express yourself through your hair. I can't wait to show my DD the pics, she's going to love it!

She had her mini moment of fear when walking into the gym this morning- yes, she had asked first, but she knew her hair was a *bit* more than most people mean when asking to dye their hair- and everything was great.

Her HC coach asked if she slept on a bed of skittles and her other coach asked if any paint buckets fell on her head last night. HC left it by saying she can pull it off, and he couldn't (he's bald, lol) so it's great to him.. And then joked that maybe the dye soaked into her brain and did some magic because her tumbling was especially nice today.

She had her mini moment of fear when walking into the gym this morning- yes, she had asked first, but she knew her hair was a *bit* more than most people mean when asking to dye their hair- and everything was great.

Her HC coach asked if she slept on a bed of skittles and her other coach asked if any paint buckets fell on her head last night. HC left it by saying she can pull it off, and he couldn't (he's bald, lol) so it's great to him.. And then joked that maybe the dye soaked into her brain and did some magic because her tumbling was especially nice today.
So glad it went well!

I absolutely love it!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back