DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
UGH!

So the uniform order was a mess. Anyway, D's uniform came in the wrong size. Ordered him an Adult sm. Not sure what came in. Pommel pants are supposed to be in today.

Anyway, he has a meet tomorrow, so the coach gave him a uniform for a boy that isn't competing. It is a child XL. He can get it on, but it is so tight, and I am worried it will rip when we try to get him out of it lol.

Last year's does not fit anymore. I have no idea what he will wear tomorrow now ;(

That's a bummer. I hope he's not stressing out about it. Often the CXL and AXS aren't much different. The loaner should be fine.

except he is an adult small. We tried it on last night. It goes on...it is stretched really well, and taking it off is very difficult. We will have to see waht we can come up with tonight.

And it is a brand new uniform. They have had the same one for 3 years. He is slightly bummed, but I am more concerned about the size (and the fact that we still have no pommel pants)

sorry to change the subject skchlag but I love the new "scary" quote, sounds like something dd would say while ds is nautious in the corner lol.

As far as the pants....I hope it works out. if they split, I'm sure they can be sewed. Best of luck to your ds, I'm sure he will be great!

can you ask around to see if anyone has the right size that competes a different session and might be able to share?

Last year we never solved fit issues with my older son's stirrup pants, so my boys shared a pair of pants all season. They were in different sessions but same meets so pants were passed back and forth at the time one would go into awards and the other to warm up.

Good luck. That is stressful.

Thanks Madden :) These are the closest to his size. The other 2 boys that are teh same size are in the same level as he is, so they are all competing together. We have 3 big boys (think AM/ AS) and then the next closest is teh CXL. THe rest are CL and smaller. We are very "bottom" heavy on levels.

I suppose we will figure it out tonight lol.

Both my kids had uniforms that are on backorder! DD still hasn't received hers, and I'm questioning paying for a leo that will be used for less than 1/2 a season! DS got his uniform from Turn and it looks really nice, but it was late too (they ended up giving us loaner for the meet in December).

Turn is who we ordered from as well. Hopefully they get it here quickly, but I am not overly optimistic. D's isn't even on backorder, they just sent the wrong size. sigh.

so for tomorrow he is either wearing his old uniform or an old uniform from another gymnast. He is only doing one event, so it isn't a huge deal...

It's only PH. At least one of the boys who has pants in his size is competing with him and not right before or after him if there are two. They can share pants for one rotation. Whoever competes first just peels 'em off after he competes and hands them over to whoever competes at least two guys after him, and then everything gets set right again after the rotation.

(This was our contingency plan for our team at the first meet when someone's pants got lost, though we were ultimately able to turn up another pair somehow.)

That would be true profmom, if this year's pants matched last year's singlet. We have managed to find a singlet from last year that fits and pants from last year that fit ,from 2 different people. So he will just look different than the rest of the team.

I hope his singlet doesnt' come in as big as his pommel pants did. I ordered the size he measured in but they are baggy. sigh. I have never had this problem before with measurements and uniforms!

Younger DSs uniform fit when we did measurements - that was a few months ago. Now he has 4 inches at the wrist of his jacket and the pommel pants are tight.....made the growing thing so much more obvious. His singlet was a bit too big last year so this year its a bit tight....I think he'll make it the 3 months they need to fit, but with how he's growing, you never know. He bypassed his big sister by an inch this fall - not a surprise as she seems to be topping out at 4'10", but weird to have a "tallish" kid...

So you call the unitard a singlet like in wrestling? At our gym they call it a "step in." At a meet recently I heard moms from another gym calling it a "body suit."

My oldest is pretty tall and super skinny so fit for everything on the uniform except socks is usually not quite right.

Skschlag you are totally wrecking my happy fantasy that if we just go with Turn next time for our gear, we won't have any problems at all with late-arriving uniform pieces and fit that turns out to be wrong based on the sizing chart. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING HARD?

Madden, I think there's some regional variation. Around here, the boys wear "singlets" if the coach is talking about them or mom is hunting about to put things in the laundry and "stupid unitards" if the upper level boys are required to wear them to a clinic (rather than the usual au naturale).

I hope his singlet doesnt' come in as big as his pommel pants did. I ordered the size he measured in but they are baggy. sigh. I have never had this problem before with measurements and uniforms!

Oh poo! Those on our team who have Turn practice pants (comp gear is GK) are begging to switch to Turn as they fit slimmer (less baggy) than GK and have the grippy waist and just a nicer fabric hand. It is sad to hear they fit baggy on your son. It's good feedback for Turn to have better measuring references, though. You can leave comments on their facebook page.

I only have experience with the Junior sizes (not adult) but the Junior singlet does run smaller than GK.

I wonder if suddenly the word about Turn for club teams (previously adorned primarily for international teams and college teams) got out and they just hadn't scaled yet for the demand. I hope they can keep up. It's great to have another quality choice for boys in the US.

Sorry for all the uniform trouble, glas he he has something to wear this weekend. Hope the company sends a uniform that fits very soon.

So tonight, D wore his coach's old singlet and their new pommel pants. He had the judge check the pants first to make sure they wouldn't be too baggy. Judge was fine with them. I saw a lot of optionals wearing "baggier" pants so it must be common. The coach's singlet is closer in color/design to our new ones so he didn't stand out quite as much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back