WAG University of Michigan camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Does anyone have any experience with University of Michigan's summer camp? Some of Puma Jr's new teammates went last year so she would really like to join them this June. Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience with University of Michigan's summer camp? Some of Puma Jr's new teammates went last year so she would really like to join them this June. Thanks!
DD has not been to UofM camp, but has a lot of friends who have. She has been to MSU camp and really liked it except for mid summer practice, no air in gym or dorms at that time. I know her friends liked it except for the food. They don't have sleepover camp anymore though so that might change your plans. If DD goes I will probably drive a few days and the stay at a hotel for the last night with DD kind of a mom and daughter night out.

DD has not been to UofM camp, but has a lot of friends who have. She has been to MSU camp and really liked it except for mid summer practice, no air in gym or dorms at that time. I know her friends liked it except for the food. They don't have sleepover camp anymore though so that might change your plans. If DD goes I will probably drive a few days and the stay at a hotel for the last night with DD kind of a mom and daughter night out.
Yes, I did know it was a commuter camp only. It's an eight hour drive for us, so the moms I know obviously stayed in a hotel. Thanks for your help!

I would go somewhere closer to you IMO your DD is young and you can get a good gym camp experience closer to home. What you are going to pay to travel/drive, stay in a hotel and eat every day you could pay a residential camp the same amount of $$$ think IGC or Woodward instead.

I would go somewhere closer to you IMO your DD is young and you can get a good gym camp experience closer to home. What you are going to pay to travel/drive, stay in a hotel and eat every day you could pay a residential camp the same amount of $$$ think IGC or Woodward instead.
Thanks! She originally wanted to do Woodward (which is about 4&1/2 hours from here) but got excited that some teammates were doing Michigan. She's still fairly new to this gym (7months) so I think she wants to be part of the gang. We'll see! It is pricey when you include 5 nights in a hotel and meals.

No experience with the gymnastics camp, but Ann Arbor is a fun place to spend time in the summer. Hotels within walking distance of the university will be relatively pricey, but if you have a car you can get a better rate a little farther away. You could make it into a nice little mini-vacation.

DS would like to do the boys' camp and I would need to stay there for the week. I would love any suggestions for places to stay and things to do around Ann Arbor!

DS would like to do the boys' camp and I would need to stay there for the week. I would love any suggestions for places to stay and things to do around Ann Arbor!
Is it the same week as the girls? If we do it, we'll go 6/27-6/30.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back