WAG Update on broke elbow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We just got back from the x- Ray and meeting with an orthopaedic surgeon, turns out dd broke two bones in her elbow ,her humorous, and her ulna. We have surgery scheduled for friday, they are going to insert two pins in her elbow to keep the bone in place and then cast it while she's under. She's going to have the cast for 3 weeks and then the doctor said another x- Ray and see where it goes from there. Really just hoping the surgery goes well and we can get her better. She just keeps asking if we can go to McDonalds after she gets out of the hospital since we never eat there, and she thinks it's a good reason to go ( I think so to).

Sending good wishes her way! The good news as that broken bones heal. Being patient is the hardest part. Be sure to report back on how many casting colors she talks them into---only a super negotiater can get two or three!!

UPDATE JUNE 6 2013! Surgery went well. We got up this morning at 5, dd was in surgery by 7:30 and they finished and had her back in the room by 10:00. It took longer thank usual because they found a small fracture in her humorous ,that didn't get picked up on the x-Ray , so they wanted to make sure the pins wouldn't effect that from healing. There keeping her overnight because she had trouble on anaesthesia so they just want to watch her, but other than that the surgery went very well. She ended up getting blue and purple stripes on her cast, she says it will match we favourite Leo once she's aloud to go back to the gym . I'm just about to head out and get her a happy meal from McDonalds now that she has her appetite back and the doctor said it was ok, then off to get clothes and tooth brush, and tooth brush for me and her to stay overnight. Thanks for all the kind comments, dd really enjoyed the nice things you guys had to say.

Glad the surgery went well and that they are keeping her overnight. I hope she recovers well and quickly! Tell her that by the time she's cleared for weight bearing, she should have the best splits on her entire team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back