Parents Update on us. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This time last year I had younger dd as a level 2 and older dd as a level 4 repeater. Meanwhile I was preggers. :) My little boy was born in August at 34 weeks. He is doing great. At 9 mos, he is on the smaller size but is meeting all skills and ahead on most. We had to jump right into meets in October. We carried him and breathing treatment machine to some meets. But we were there for the girls.

Emma had an awesome season repeating 4. She scored high and did well. But with being in jr high, she somewhere along the lines got tired of it. She hit some major growth spurts and is standing at 5 2. Friends became important as well as trying to fit in. She joined choir at school, attempted a track season, and youth group at school. We pulled her out of gym and did private lessons. She did well and finished the season. But her best friend left the gym. She is one of the oldest on the team etc. So we offered her any sport she wanted. He coach offered her competitive cheer. So now I am the mom of a cheerleader as of 2 weeks ago. We are starting her on a lower level squad with girls her age so that she can understand the sport and gain confidence. She is on a level 2 squad. She is happy and excited about gym again. That is all I can ask for. :)

Ellie went from level 2 to level three.She rocked level 3 for the first part of the season. Her scores were high and a 9.8 was not unheard of for her. With scores like that, she was bumped with her 2 team mates to level 4. She had the skills and placed ok. The age groups were huge. She was getting 9's. Training was started as a 5. As of now, she can do the whole bar routine(kips included), has all the floor skills, and can vault over the table with a slight pike, but beam is getting her. Her handstand isn't completely up and she is scared to cartwheel. So she may repeat 4 until these fears are overcome. But I have learned not to rush it. If she doesn't have the skills by October, I am sure she will by January. She is only 8 and jumped several levels last year. :)

So I can honestly say that in all this journey, I have learned a lot. I have learned to sit back and let them do their best. I will be their cheerleader, but not push them. Let them enjoy it. And when it is no longer fun to find something else. :)

So I can honestly say that in all this journey, I have learned a lot. I have learned to sit back and let them do their best. I will be their cheerleader, but not push them. Let them enjoy it. And when it is no longer fun to find something else. :)

This is the best advice any parent of a gymnast could get!! So many parents get involved in the drama of the gym they forget to just enjoy the journey

I think it's great that you are just sitting back and letting them choose their paths! Congrats to both girls on their accomplishments and best of luck in the future to all the kids!

Sounds like they are both doing well. My daughter has also left gymnastics and is doing cheer amongest other things. It seems like lot of former gymnasts go this route. It was one of the hardest things when my daughter left gymnastics I was not sure if that's what she really wanted she also went through a growth spurt and had a lot of pain. The middle school years also made her feel like she was missing a social life. Good luck to both your girls in their future endevors.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back