Parents update we survived our 1st volleyball game

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daughter had her 1st volleyball game yesterday. She seemed to really be enjoying herself and even manged to get the ball over the net once. It was funny she seemed so focused and when the coach said get in position she stood perfectly straight with her knees at perfect distance apart and bent all the other girls just stood there I quess it is all that gymnastics training to get in that perfect postion. She was able to go to gymnastics practice afterwards. She wants to skip gym practice 1 day for volleyball because she wants to learn how to play better. I told her she could talk it over with her coach instead of asking her she just told her I am going to miss for volleyball which the coach said it was fine . All her other games do not conflict with gym so it looks like she can do both. The nice thing is the games are really close only 15 minutes from our house and they last only 1 hour. I think I could easily get used to this. Her 1st gym meet is mid november and volleyball is over at the end of october. I am really glad that I decided to let her do it it might actually work out well with the gym schedule. It might also keep her from getting bored because I think she really likes the games as well as the gymnastic meets so when volleyball is over she will not have that long to wait for her 1st meet and then I will be drivng 2 to 3 hours and sitting at the meets for another 3 to 4 hours, I might be the one who misses volleyball.

Great news! I'm so glad she was able to work both into her schedule.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back