Voluntary Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh no. I found out about the venue changing last week and have already had to sort out new hotel after having already booked for 3 nights in Guildford. I thought there was still goin to be podium training because it still says there is in the updated handbook. I don't think they should of been allowed to change the venue this late when most people had already booked hotels and won't be able to get refunds. Very disappointed.

Oh no. I found out about the venue changing last week and have already had to sort out new hotel after having already booked for 3 nights in Guildford. I thought there was still goin to be podium training because it still says there is in the updated handbook. I don't think they should of been allowed to change the venue this late when most people had already booked hotels and won't be able to get refunds. Very disappointed.
Yip I agree, we have booked just outside Guildford and now have a longer drive on the Sat. I wonder if it is worthwhile letting BG how annoyed we are!

I heard that BG forgot to book Guildford, one of our kids went to buy tickets and when they rang Guildford said that BG haven't booked anything in on that weekend, we ask one of the high coaches we know and she contacted BG and came back saying that BG had forgot to book it, don't know how much of that is truth or just a annoyed coach either way would have been nice to be informed!

I heard that BG forgot to book Guildford, one of our kids went to buy tickets and when they rang Guildford said that BG haven't booked anything in on that weekend, we ask one of the high coaches we know and she contacted BG and came back saying that BG had forgot to book it, don't know how much of that is truth or just a annoyed coach either way would have been nice to be informed!

REALLY! Oh well if thats true we have alot of very annoyed families who have booked transport and accomodation and annoyed coaches and gymnasts who were expecting podium training. These are British finals they should be taken more seriously.

Think free entry to comp would be a good idea. what do we think?

I too had already booked accommodation in Guildford and have had to rearrange to Bracknell. I didn't know there was no podium training though as I have booked 3 nights for podium on the Friday and I assumed my dd would be on the sunday. My dd's coach hasn't said anything about there being no podium training either. Does anyone know is there definitely no podium training as I would have to totally rearrange everything again?

We too had already booked our accommodation (non refundable as it was cheaper) we emailed BG and told them we weren't happy. The response we got was that there was a problem with the booking and they had tried very hard to get a new venue not too far from Guildford. Perhaps it was a non existent booking! We have decided to travel
From Guildford to Bracknell on the day to save money.

Moving on to a different comp, does anyone know anything about the new Sandra Clarke Cup that is happening this weekend, I see its between England, Scotland and France and happening in Nottingham?

Moving on to a different comp, does anyone know anything about the new Sandra Clarke Cup that is happening this weekend, I see its between England, Scotland and France and happening in Nottingham?

It's not new, as such. First one was in 2012, organised by Notts gym. Sandra Clarke was Claire Starkey's mum and the comp is in her memory.

Presumably now Claire has left Notts she is organising the comp from her new gym, Robin Hood. Sounds like wants the first one to go out in style and is making it bigger and better than the notts version.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back